Friday, April 13, 2012

Dinning Room Chalk Board

Do you have a big wall that you just can't seem to find the right art for?  My dinning room had one of those walls just above the buffet.  I have tried several options but nothing spoke to me until I had the idea to paint the recessed nook with chalk board paint.  The best part is I'm a sucker for menu's and personalized messages during dinner parties or special celebrations.  This chalk board is giving me a place to  show my guests what awaits them when they come to my house for dinner.

I used my kids sidewalk chalk to put a huge frame in the middle of the wall.

This is the view from my entryway.  I really think my quart of paint made a big impact!
I'm hosting my first celebration this weekend since my chalkboard went up, and I can't wait to put it to use!  Happy Friday friends.  I hope you all had a great week.



No comments: